Wednesday 2 November 2011

Love for the beast


Love for the beast


I thought this film was one of the most dramatic film’s I have ever watched in the sense that there was next to no laughing but filled with love, hate and dejection.
I loved all of the camera angles they did especially the close up’s and extreme close up’s.

I felt that they made the film have an atmosphere in which I mean made your eyes drawn to the screen and want to know what was going to happen next.

For the time that the film was released into the French cinema’s in as early as 1947 I feel that they did a pretty good job on how they wanted it to look, with all of the make up especially the beast (Jean Marais).

I didn’t see many special effects with in the film apart from using of the camera and use of smoke and mist. I felt that the music played one of the biggest parts in the film, as it was done so well.


As with many old films with dramatic scenes in them they always seam to have all of these spooky instrumental music a lot of it is piano, light drums, violin or trumpet.

This film I feel is different in many ways in the sense that in the film ‘The Fly’ he wasn’t shown till later on in the film but in this film the lion type man is showed only about 20 minuets into the film.

I feel that the props are a bit cheesy and not that well thought out also the director has opted to use a lot of smoke in scenes.

1 comment:

  1. hey steve, just a heads up before phil reads this, you may want to re-write this outside of the first person, as the reviews aren't meant to be a reflection of your own opinion, but more of an overall analysis of the film itself. check out 'the rough guide to written assignments' on myUCA for help on structuring your reviews.

    ReplyDelete